I was wondering if there’ll be a steve jobs edition phone coming out this year.
Thinking of how he’d feel about it, I believe he would not issue a special phone as he’d consider all his products to be Steve Jobs special editions.
So let’s just call it iPhone5. What would I like it to be?
1st take all the many good things of the iPhone4S and consider the following thoughts:
- a same size as iPhone4 full gorilla glass body (larger size preferred for future iPod touch release, only)
- no-button case, instead using optical detection through display or at the side of the case for activation, +, -, …
- an internal apple logo glass engraving, large, with a small engraved SJ5511, instead of iPhone 5
- slightly curved (8) form of the phone for better handling, not curvy, just very light radius on the verticals, keeping the iPhone4 4-corner dimensions the same.
- packing box to be foldable or box-in-box (russian doll) if empty for easier storage occupying less space.
- packing box to be fully transparent in the area of the phone, showing it’s glass-case
- 3-day battery life @ avg use
- 3G, LTE, Wi-Fi, BT,
- USB-host for SD/CF-Reader.
- a refreshed UI that uses the content at full display and the five areas (4 corners, 1 mid) and four moves (swipe directions) to enable features or actions
- no old-school icons, but active tiles overview, automatically reorganized by a mix of usage frequency and favorites, showing the most important content of the app
- core mobile productivity apps to be included, like evernote (notes, info, read), feedly (rss read/distribution), ifttt (inter-app makro language), improved events/meetings management calendar, improved video editor and sharing app, improved photo app (sharing, filters, scan2doc, scan Bar/QR-code).
- optional foldable keyboard (thin pressure sensitive layer)
You see, I’m not looking for big revolutions, but innovative evolution keeping the focus on style, quality and usability improvements, while keeping an “aaaaah” and an “ooooooh” effect making me wanting to buy that phone at any cost manageable.